Thursday, July 1, 2021

Whimsy and Wonder #40- Las Vegas, Part 1

I was able to go to Las Vegas to see my brothers and sisters.

My first day there, I had some time to kill and I was able to have a lovely time visiting a bookstore and seeing some art- definitely not your typical Las Vegas activities.

My first stop after my plane landed was to visit The Writer’s Block. I hadn’t been there since my last Vegas trip in 2018 and they had just relocated in 2019 so it was like visiting a whole new store. And it was as exciting as the first time.

The front of store is their coffee shop. I enjoyed the bird cage theme to go along with their Artificial Bird Sanctuary






 

One of things I wanted to visit was the secret art installation- James Turrell’s Akhob in the City Center- but I needed to make a reservation a couple months in advance according to the website. Luckily, he did have another installation- Shards of Color- at the Shop at Crystals so I was able to sort of get my fix that way.







It was nice to see another Maya Lin artwork. “Silver River” is an art installation hanging above the front desk area of Aria’s lobby.


 


I was also impressed by Bellagio’s Botanical Gardens.










 

No comments: