Thursday, January 2, 2014

Moments



2014 is all about moments.

Healthy moments- When you’re taking care of yourself so you can have many more moments to enjoy in the future.
-No fast food. No food court. No TV dinners.
-More Vegetarian Days. Eat less meat, only 3 times a week.
-Drink more water.

Festive moments- Times you’re just happy because you’re with people you love and doing things you’re passionate about.

Writerly moments- Hopefully I’ll have these kinds soon and plenty of them!
Bookish moments- When you’re taking time to enjoy a good book.
-Visit North Plains and Banks Public Libraries to complete my Washington County Library Hop.
- I shared other writerly and bookish moments I want to happen on my other blog.

Learning moments- Can refer to professional and personal development or from life experiences.
-Be a better bookseller. Remember regular customers’ names and their reading preferences to give them better recommendation.
-Learn Spanish.
-Learn Sign Language.

Productive moments- When you’re just getting things done.

Celebratory moments- When you accomplish what you set out to do. Celebrate big and small victories!

Kinder moments- Not just kind, but kinder as in “be kinder than necessary.”
-Donate blood quarterly.
-Look into volunteering with an LGBT non-profit.
-Add one hour to my regular volunteer commitments for every day I complain about TriMet’s service.

Creative moments- When you can express yourself through art or music or dance.
-Do some sort of craft project monthly.

Another thing that’s going to happen this year is me moving out. My housemates are nice but I want somewhere closer to where things are happening.

I’m excited about what the future holds for me. I love envisioning what waits for me there- and figuring out the way to that life.

What moments are you looking forward to?

No comments: