Wednesday, February 29, 2012

spark! Challenge

Happy Leap Day! We have an extra day to think about what it is we want in life and how to make it happen.

I was reminded that setbacks and obstacles aren’t reasons to stop moving forward. We should take them as they are- life lessons, motivations, and opportunities to grow and change.

Anyone who knows me and follows this blog knows that I tend to overdo things during my challenge months and end up lacking the energy to continue the intensity the following month. I have to learn to keep things consistent. Maybe because I’m coming off a “lazy” month that I’m excited for March.

I’m calling this latest challenge “spark!” which means a lot of different things.

Spark is finding your motivation, shining a light on your interests.

Spark is discovering what inspires you and being creative.

Spark is doing what you love, igniting your passion.

Spark is being a light to others, helping one another to achieve the dreams we’ve set out to do.

And “spark!” is one of the children’s writing projects I’m working on.

Whatever “spark” means to you, I hope you will join me. I’ll post specific goals soon and feel free to share yours.

P.S. Because I’m a dork when it comes to these things, I also found the perfect song to go along with the spark! Challenge. The lyrics seemed very appropriate: “So let’s set the world on fire. We can burn brighter than the sun.” It's from "We Are Young" by the band fun. I have no idea how to embed a video here so just click on the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8crN86RFD8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: