Monday, January 2, 2012

My Reading Life- Year in Review 2011

I read 60 books in 2011, not counting picture books.

Out of the titles I included in my reading list, only 15 of the books were on it.
I’ve read 35 books by authors I’ve never read before and only 4 of them I sought more books to read. Although, a lot of them are first time novelists or just have that one title they’ve written.
I also read 174 children’s books- of which 105 were for the A to Z Children’s Picture Book Series Reading Challenge. I read 16 series- actually 18 but the B’s and M’s had two entries out of 26.

Breakdown of Books Read in 2011- I’ve changed the format since I’m more interested in how many books I read that were in the kids/YA genre as opposed to “adult”.

New- 35
Kids/YA- 19
Adults- 43
Fiction-24
Non-Fiction-17

Recommended: Delivering Happiness; Historical Sketch of the Library Association of Portland 1864-1964; The Dreamer; The Lover’s Dictionary; If You Want to Write*; The Crucible*; Tales from Outer Suburbia; The Elegance of the Hedgehog*; Rethinking Paper & Ink; Pop-Up Book of Death; Press Here; I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!; Guess How Much I Love You; The Monster at the End of This Book; The Runaway Bunny; From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Fankweiler*; A Game of Thrones; The Compassionate Diet; The View from Saturday*; The Art of Happiness; Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death; Writing Down the Bones*; The Phantom Tollbooth*; The Night Circus*; Wonderstruck; The Mysteries of Harris Burdick; The Chronicles of Harris Burdick; Every Thing On It; The Happiness Project; It’s Not Easy Being Green; Stumbling on Happiness
 
*These titles were added to My Favorite Books Ever.

Worst: The Graveyard Book; The Catcher in the Rye

No comments: